Do you know-
- About 67,000 searches are performed every second on Google
- About 93% of the total website traffic is driven by various search engines.
- 57% of B2B marketers believe that SEO generates more leads in comparison to any other marketing strategy.
- Around 70% of all web searches are based on long-tail keywords.
- 10% of all searches are conducted through voice searches.
You must be wondering why I put these SEO and keyword-based stats right at the beginning of the blog? Well, it’s to inform you that both search engine optimization and keyword strategy go hand and glove together.
What Do You Mean by a Keyword Strategy
You must have heard about keyword research. But you also need to focus on building a keyword strategy, which is decision-based on your specific findings and understanding consumer behavior instead of search engine algorithms.
Whether you are the owner of an e-commerce website, a start-up or have a small business, the keyword strategy will help in flourishing your enterprise with the right tactics.
Let’s define the top keyword strategies that will surely put your business organization on the top.
Choosing the Right Tool to Boost Keyword Strategy
Your journey commences with understanding the buying patterns of your users and identifying their needs. Your results should be backed by important data. You need to know how they (users) search for a product.
You can take the help of various tools to unearth vital data so as to reach your target audience more emphatically. Some of the most important tools include Google Suggest, Google Adwords Keyword Planner, Keyword.io. SEMrush, SpyFu, and so on.
Apart from this, you also need to undertake three more steps to frame a proper strategy. The steps are-
- Researching the keywords
- Group Keywords
- Analyzing the Keywords
Each of these steps helps in performing different functions. For example, the Research Keyword assists in discovering the right set of relevant keywords and long-tail keywords.
Know Who Your Target Audience is
Remember, you are framing a keyword strategy for targeting a specific group of the target audience. Therefore, it’s important to first find out who potential customers are.
You will receive no gain or bonus if you are targeting the wrong customer even if that irrelevant keyword is fetching your traffic. To target the audience, you need to work out on various factors such as-
- Choosing the Right Demography
- Identifying their Interests
- Which websites or apps do they browse more
- What are the key challenges they are facing
- What sources do they trust
- Cultural and Language Preferences
Now the question is how does this tactic help?
- First, you can build a strong PPC marketing campaign to boost your website ranking within the shortest possible time.
- Secondly, you can also provide them with relevant content, which helps to buffer your content marketing strategy.
- You can also choose to pick the right people on various social media platforms
Conducting a Competitor Analysis
Competitor analysis is one of the vital parts of the keyword strategy planning, which almost every digital marketing company performs.
How does this strategy help to serve your business-
- First, you get to know your actual position in the competitive market and where you stand against your competitor
- Second, you can make an analysis of your competitor’s products and services, which are performing better.
- You can frame a strategy on how to outclass your competitor.
However, there is something more that you need to do than just a competitor analysis.
You need to identify your toughest competitors and find their SEO ranking in the Google search engine.
You get a broader idea about the products and services.
Be Clear and Loud in Your Message
When you are building a keyword strategy for your business, make sure that your message is clear and loud to your target audience.
When you are setting out a message, the content should be highly relevant and define your entire purpose.
Next, it’s important to choose all those relevant channels through which you want to send the online message. This may include social media platforms, blog posts, and messaging applications.
You need to take a note of how you are using the keywords to incorporate the message. The reason is that it influences your social media marketing tactics. For example, do not stuff your content with keywords.
Get the Best Results with the Right Strategy
Both SEO and keyword strategies can help you get your business in the driving seat. However, there are several other tactics that you can implement to boost your business prospects apart from the above-mentioned plans. Be careful about the choice of keywords.
- Research Keywords – Discover relevant web keywords, long-tail keywords, and keyword suggestions with our keyword discovery tool.
- Analyze Keywords – The keyword analyzer helps you harness the power of keyword analytics to discover how to craft keyword groups that will bring the most relevant web traffic.
- Group Keywords – Organize your keywords into themed keyword groups, improving relevancy and Quality Score.